Saturday, April 2, 2011

Why I'm Here



Hi, I'm Rachel, and this is new to me. 


I thought I'd start by telling a little bit about our situation. 


My dear husband Jordan and I moved into his parent's basement in November 2009.  The goal: save money and build a house.  Our goal has since changed to reflect a growing family; and we're looking to buy a house sooner rather than later.  However, after talking to lenders, having several contracts fall through, and mental exhaustion (on my part), our house-hunting has been postponed until at least September.  


Now my goal is to make the most efficient use of the space we have, to have a functional and relaxing space, to declutter, and to be hospitable despite our tiny living area. 


My hope for this blog is to encourage others who might be in similar living situations, entertain those who might think we're crazy, and have a record for myself. One day I'll look back and wonder how we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment