Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pros and Cons

I hope to draw a floor plan of my in-laws basement, with dimensions, to post.  But for now I'll just make a list of pros and cons of living in said basement.

Pros:
  • Our own door to the outside
  • A large, almost wall-length window
  • A half bath
  • 2 closets
  • A door into the stairwell 
  • Electricity and running water
  • It's cheap!
Cons
  • No kitchen (more on that later)
  • No shower (ditto)
  • Not enough outlets
  • Only 525 square feet
  • No interior walls or doors (except for the bathroom and closet) 
Living her has its hidden perks, like my dear mother in law who often brings me coffee in the morning, and sometimes does my dishes.  Also my 10-year-old sister-in-law is always willing to hold Sophie and Sadie, and is an excellent playmate for Shannon.  It's nice to be around family so much, and we can always go upstairs if boredom or cabin fever gets the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment